Damp Specialists in Glasgow Answer: Is Your House Haunted or Is It Toxic Mould?

damp specialists Glasgow

Damp is one of the most common problems to affect UK homes. Many people are unaware that they have a damp or mould problem until they get ill and call the damp specialists in Glasgow for some assistance.

There is much debate as to whether it is toxic mould or ghosts that make people experience the paranormal. People have been experiencing the paranormal for years, especially in old hotels and other old buildings. Studies have been taken out but we are still largely unaware of the effects that toxic mould can have on us and on a property.

damp specialists Glasgow

Damp vs. Mould

Mould and damp can be found pretty much anywhere in the home but are most common in damp and humid conditions; such as the bathroom or kitchen.

You may have damp or mould in your home that goes undetected. However, some people will experience symptoms, such as;

  • Wheezing
  • Rash
  • Watery eyes
  • Runny nose
  • Itchy eyes
  • Coughing
  • Redness of eyes

Although damp and mould in the home can cause other health issues, such as respiratory issues, worsening asthma and even lung disease, there are no government standards set on the amount of mould/mould spore levels in a residential or commercial area. Making it near impossible to prove that a building complies with health regulations. To detect toxic mould in your home, get in contact with damp specialists in Glasgow, who will be able to detect potential problems, as well as fix them.

Is Your House Haunted or Does it Have Mould?

Recent studies from Clarkston University in New York have suggested that it may be a mixture of poor air quality and toxic mould spores that could be responsible for ghost sightings in old houses.

Toxic mould can also affect the brain but there is very little research into how it affects our cognitive functions. One scientist claims that many of the experiences that people report when going into a haunted house or hotel, are in fact similar to the neurological symptoms experienced when people are exposed to toxic moulds. It’s already well documented that fungi have psychoactive effects on the human brain, although internal mould within houses and other properties have substantially less research to back up these claims.

Psychiatric symptoms of toxic mould include;

  • Mood swings
  • Hyperactivity
  • Irrational anger
  • Cognitive impairment
  • Depression
  • Loss of memory function
  • Increased anxiety and fear
  • Insomnia
  • Strange dreams including nightmares or seeing/hearing things that are not there

 

Although these are all common symptoms that have been known to affect people who have been subjected to mould and toxic mould, there is no evidence, apart from circumstantial evidence, to back up these claims. Many of the symptoms that have been listed could also be related to other illnesses and may not be a direct result of mould. More research will need to be carried out on the effects that mould has on people to be able to say for sure.

Contact Damp Specialists in Glasgow

If you think that your house may have damp or mould, then the best thing to do is to call the damp specialists in Glasgow at Richardson and Starling. They can help detect if you have a problem and if you do, they can fix it for you. So don’t wait, call damp specialists in Glasgow today!